Here is a short list of a few of the hundreds of examples of the media intentionally manipulating the public to support Israel’s recent offensive against Palestinians
July 24, 2014
- CNN journalist re-assigned from the region after tweeting that Israelis celebrating the death of civilians were scum.
- NBC journalist re-assigned after reporting too honestly on the situation on-the-ground.
- FOX News putting images of Gaza reduced to rubble with captions indicating (falsely) that it is damage done to Israel inflicted by Palestinian rockets. (image attached)
- The New York Times changing the headline about four children playing on the beach being killed by Israel to something that is intentionally vague/ambiguous.
- Diane Sawyer misidentifying photos of Palestinians in the conflict, claiming they are Israelis.
- MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal calling out the network bias toward Israel and then having her TV appearances canceled as repercussion.
- Unfair coverage from the BBC which was protested widely in England.Please reblog or message with additions as you see/think of them and I will edit with the additions. I am sure we can create quite a large list of examples.There’s also this instance in the Washington Post where the headline is worded in such a way that one might think that the 330 deaths are Israeli, not Palestinian, and caused by Hamas and not Israel. Also, in the majority of news stories (not all, but many), the word “killed” is used when the victim is Israeli, and “dead” when the victim is Palestinian. It’s like they’re trying to give the impression that no blame can be assigned for a Palestinian death because they weren’t “killed,” they are just “dead” somehow…
Wow yep, great example. And disgusting! Also, even if it were crystal clear that the 330 killed were Palestinian, why is the headline still that 2 invading soldiers were killed rather than the hundreds of civilians? So infuriating!
I have not been to visit my sister in Texas since she moved there 5 years ago. She has been up here twice and each time I have had to work, even when she visited on Mother’s Day. I have two nieces and a brother-in-law also that I want to see. The money would cover the plane ticket and the fees. If you cannot donate a signal body would be awesome. I wanted to buy the ticket before the prices got exorbitant.
"The single biggest difference between financial success and financial failure is how well you manage your money. It’s simple: to master money, you must manage money."
- T. Harv Eker
My students are limited in many resources at home and at school because of the low-economic area they live in. As their teacher and role model, I want to ensure my students are on a path to being successful adults. Many of my students because of their disadvantaged backgrounds have little to no opportunities to learn about financial literacy. They spend their allowance or parents’ earnings on toys or snacks without thinking about the consequences of these small expenditures can add up over time.
It is important to teach students the value of saving money early on to save for important things in the future such as a college education. The possibilities are endless when my students can use a Mac Book Air laptop to access online financial literacy activities. The students will become financial literate as they engage in games and activities that teach them about budgeting, credit/debit, and saving.
I am requesting a Mac Book Air laptop to teach financial literacy in a fun 21st century way to my students. Studies have shown that students who are financially literate become financially responsible young adults regardless of income level.
Thank you so much for your support. The total cost has been cut in half thanks to generous donation. For the next 7 days, EVERY DOLLAR will be matched by donors choose. So if you are donate $5, you are really donating $10. If you donate $25, you are really donating $50! Use code INSPIRE.
Every dollar helps. Please signal boost. The babies will appreciate it!
I feel this.
how do we get white men to be this emotional about literally everything else?
his whole look is fucking me up rn. he got enough head to think for us all
Why are his facial features so far down? Like that beard might not even really be that long. His eyes are just too low and it ran out of room or something.